Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beat the morning rush


In a perfect world, I wake up everyday when my alarm rings, feeling energized and ready to start the day. Reality is most mornings start off fighting my husband over who has to shower first while the other one catches another 8 minutes of sleep.

Now that I've got a real job and people at my office at the very least expect me to be showered it's a bit more of a problem to look presented and professional when I only have 20 minutes to get out of the door. Luckily there are some great products out there designed to help us girls on the go. No matter how rushed I am I always reach for three things:

1. Tinted Moisturizer - moisturizing and coverage all in one step. Mpick is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It's easy to apply, has a great selection of shades, and SPF15.

2. Eyeshadow - the secret to looking awake when you are actually craving sleep more than air is your eyes. Brighten them up with a neutral colored shadow that has a little sparkle in it. One of the best shades out there is MAC Naked Lunch.

3. Blush - brighten up your face with a little color. My latest fave: BeneFit Sheer Cream Blusher. It's a cream blush, super easy to blend, and gives you a nice, natural looking flush.

What products do you reach for in the morning when you're in a rush?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tinted moisturizer is such a good idea. Most mornings when I'm in a rush (and that is most all mornings...) I don't wear makeup because of the struggle for more sleep. I'm going to try that now though!

SABBs_owner said...

I guess caffeine doesn't count :)