Friday, September 21, 2007

Ebay: yay or nay?

No, you can't always get want you want
You can't always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need..."
-Rolling Stones

Sometimes there are things out there far beyond your price range that you want very badly. It happens to everyone - maybe it's a Playstation 3 (my husband), a new Lexus (my coworker), or a new ipod (me). You want it so bad it becomes a semi obsession. So, when faced with the tough decision of either not having that gorgeous Coach bag or possibly not buying groceries for a pay period, you find yourself scouring ebay. I've been using ebay on and off for the past few years and have found that if you find the right sellers and dedicate enough time, you really can come up with some great deals. And what's more fun than hovering over you computer at 11:30 pm frantically hitting the "Place Bid" button when there's 30 seconds left on an auction?


Some of the best deals that I've scored in the past have ranged from a brand new with tags (that's NWT to you hardcore ebay users) North Face Denali jacket for only $100 to MAC makeup brushes to Yankee candles. A lot of
people argue that most of the merchandise sold on sites like ebay is either fake or stolen. Sometimes I do wonder how the are able to sell that stuff so cheap....hmmm...


What do you guys think about ebay? What's the best deal you've ever gotten?

1 comment:

SABBs_owner said...

LOVE Ebay - love love love Ebay. Not my best bargains but among my faves are my Vera Bradley accessories by way of Ebay (I don't think I did much better than 1/3 off at most, but it's still better than retail).

And her sister site Half.Com, which feeds much of my music jones, since I'm not about the pirating. It's a good way to stock up on oldies and recently decharted up and comers.