Thursday, September 27, 2007

Think Pink

And no, I'm not talking about that silly line of underwear from Victoria's Secret. As I'm sure everyone is aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and as if I needed an excuse to buy more stuff, lots of companies are promoting special products that are helping out this great cause. I know it's a few days before October, but you can go ahead and scope these items out now!

Some things I may be picking up (in the name of charity, of course):

Estee Lauder High Gloss. I already have a couple of these glosses- they smell and taste really good (vanilla) and I love how they are easy to apply - you can just swipe them on in a car or at your desk without a mirror. Estée Lauder is donating $500,000 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® dedicated to preventing breast cancer and finding a cure in our lifetime, by funding clinical and genetic research in North America. To learn more, call toll-free 1-866-FIND.A.CURE or visit www.bcrfcure.org


Philosophy Shower for the Cure. I'm a big fan of Philosophy products and this is another great shower gel that needs to be added to my collection. The website describes it as "a creamy all-in-one formula that can be used as a shampoo, bath, or body wash. Its light, clean tangerine scent and touch of milk, proteins, and fruit essences..." Sounds good to me! Would make a great gift for a friend or maybe yourself!

The best part? 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of Shower For the Cure are donated to the Women's Cancer Research Fund.


KitchenAid Cook For The Cure Measuring Cups & Spoons. Everyone can use an extra set of measuring cups and spoons (somehow I'm always missing pieces) and these are sure to stand out in your drawer. KitchenAid has a whole line of Pink products available online and at stores like Target. All donations benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure which supports breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment programs nationwide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love these measuring spoons and cups. I got them at a bridal shower and use them all the time. I have also used the philosophy bath gel, it's lovely but expensive.Would you like to walk with me on the Breast Cancer Walk in Alexandria. It is on the 20th. It is shorter than the diabetes walk and much closer.